Monday, January 9, 2012

212 in 2012.

It is no secret that I am not looking forward to this year. I am leaving behind all that is simple, familiar and comfortable and entering into a whole new world. If you know me well, you'll know I do not like change, and I do not like new people. These small inconvenient dislikes are going to make the coming year more than a little challenging, and it is not a challenge I am eagerly anticipating.

However, there are things I can do to give myself a quiet sense of achievement, even when life is overwhelming and placing me firmly in the depths of despair.

In 2012 (starting today) I will do the following 212 things:
- Take, and blog, 50 photos (not including those taken for the Photo A Day challenge)
- Write 50 letters
  1. 15/01
  2. 21/01
  3. 27/01
  4. 20/02
- Watch 50 movies (at least 30 of which I haven't seen before)
  1. X-Men: First Class (unseen)
  2. The Muppet Movie (unseen)
  3. Jumangi (seen)
  4. Our Idiot Brother (seen)
  5. Morning Glory (unseen)
  6. Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian (unseen) (and godawful)
  7. The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo (US) (unseen)
- Read 25 books
  1. The Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Douglas Adams
  2. Slaughterhouse-Five or The Children's Crusade: A Duty-Dance with Death - Kurt Vonnegut
  3. The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee - Sarah Silverman
  4. The Hunger Games - Suzanne Collins
  5. Catching Fire - Suzanne Collins
  6. Mockingjay - Suzanne Collins
  7. Fry - Stephen Fry
- Bake 25 times
  1. 2/2/12
  2. 11/02/12
  3. 17/02/12
- Try five new foods
- Call/Skype my bestie five times (I'm scared of the telephone, and even more scared of Skype)

  1. 15/02/12
- Buy a plant and keep it alive for at least a month
- Kiss a girl

If you wish to be the recipient of a letter, message me your address. I'm sure the main two recipients will be glad to share the load. Alternatively, if you wish to participate in my challenge but hate receiving mail (freak) you can suggest (or send me) a movie, book, or food I'm likely to enjoy that I'm unlikely to have tried. 

Or you could just sit back and watch me fail at keeping my plant alive. Fucking plants.

1 comment: